I've hinted at it for some time:
I've been playing with FreeSWITCH.
Anyone who is reading this should already know what FreeSWITCH is and why someone (such as myself) would be so interested in it. I'm not going to go over all of that again; there are plenty of rave reviews all over the internet. I don't need to write another one (although I probably will some day).
Here's an update on what I've done so far:
1) FreeSWITCH support in AstLinux. Still coming along but much progress has already been made. It compiles cleanly (one more hack for sqlite) and appears to work. More testing soon but I was pleasantly surprised - the build system seems to be just as well designed as the rest of the project. They've done a great job!
2) I hate transcoding. Long, long ago I led an effort to re-record and convert all of the Asterisk prompts to various native file formats to avoid transcoding. More than two years later I'm doing it again for FreeSWITCH although this time I don't have to pay to re-record them all! Luckily they are made available in various sample rates already. I just had to update the script and do the converting. Big thanks to sox, Asterisk/res_convert and FreeSWITCH/Mod_native_file.
3) This one is barely worth mentioning but I've started (SVN branch, that's about it) working to re-implement recqual using FreeSWITCH to place calls. I've got some big plans for this. Let's see how much time I actually have to work on it. Don't expect much progress anytime soon.
4) Various production and consulting projects. Obviously.
As always, expect more to come!
Cool stuff Kristian! Thanks for your work in helping the FreeSWITCH ecosystem flourish.
Post a Comment